Check 2015 holidays and session dates for the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Check dates for Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr., Washington’s Birthday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day in year 2015.
Ninth Circuit Court – 2015 Holidays
|January – 1||Thursday||
New Year’s Day
|January – 19||Monday||
Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
|February – 16*||Monday||
|May – 25||Monday||
|July – 3**||Friday||
Independence Day (observed)
|September – 7||Monday||
|October – 12||Monday||
|November – 11||Wednesday||
|Nov – 26||Thursday||
|December – 25||Friday||
- *This holiday is designated as “Washington’s Birthday” in section 6103(a) of title 5 of the United States Code, which is the law that specifies holidays for Federal employees. Though other institutions such as state and local governments and private businesses may use other names, it is our policy to always refer to holidays by the names designated in the law.
- ** July 4, 2015 (the legal public holiday for Independence Day), falls on a Saturday. For most Federal employees, Friday, July 3, will be treated as a holiday for pay and leave purposes. (See 5 U.S.C. 6103(b).)
- “Federal law (5 U.S.C., § 6103) establishes [these] public holidays for Federal employees. Please note that most Federal employees work on a Monday through Friday schedule. For these employees, when a holiday falls on a nonworkday — Saturday or Sunday — the holiday usually is observed on Monday (if the holiday falls on Sunday) or Friday (if the holiday falls on Saturday).”
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit serves the areas of Alaska, Arizona, California, Guam[A], Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Northern Mariana Islands[A] and Washington, and is located at San Francisco.
Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit – 2015 Session Dates
|January||5 th – 9 th||Pasadena|
|January||12 th – 16 th||San Francisco|
|February||2 nd – 6 th||Seattle, Pasadena, San Francisco|
|February||9 th – 13 th||Pasadena, San Francisco|
|February||16 th – 20 th||Honolulu|
|March||2 nd – 6 th||Portland, Pasadena|
|March||9 th – 13 th||San Francisco|
|April||6 th – 10 th||Seattle, Pasadena|
|April||13 th – 17 th||San Francisco|
|May||4 th – 8 th||PPortland, Seattle, Pasadena|
|May||11 th – 15 th||Anchorage, San Francisco|
|June||1 st – 5 th||Seattle, Pasadena|
|June||8 th – 12 th||Honolulu, San Francisco|
|July||6 th – 10 th||Portland, Seattle|
|July||6 th – 10 th||Pasadena, San Francisco|
|August||3 rd – 7 th||Pasadena|
|August||10 th – 14 th||Anchorage, San Francisco|
|September||Aug-31 st – Sep-04 th||Seattle, Pasadena|
|September||15 th – 18 th||San Francisco|
|October||13 th – 16 th||Portland, Seattle, Honolulu|
|October||19 th – 23 rd||Pasadena, San Francisco|
|November||2 nd – 6 th||Portland, Pasadena|
|November||16 th – 20 th||San Francisco|
|December||7 th – 11 th||Seattle, Pasadena|
|December||7 th – 11 th||San Francisco|
- * Dates and /or locations are subject to change.